Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Prima Ballerina

After reading a piece from Vogue Daily I became so inspired by the details and intricacy of Valentino's work that I had to share the beauty.

Quoted from Vogue Daily:
"Sixteen original Valentino designs will make their onstage debut at the ballet’s fall gala. The finale, “Bal De Couture,” a world premiere choreographed by NYCB’s ballet master-in-chief Peter Martins, is a piece by Tchaikovsky, who is Valentino’s favorite composer. The two settled on the music when Martins visited Paris to see Valentino’s sketches. A man who can see instantly what he wants to design, Valentino drew only 30 sketches to get his perfect sixteen. “What you see now, I drew it seven months ago,” the designer says. “I told Peter I would love to do some black-and-white, white-and-black, very graphic. And of course I wanted to put some red inside because it’s Valentino red. I love the surprise of the color inside.”







No comments:

Post a Comment